The ketogenic diet is a diet rich in lipids particularly fashionable for some years. However, it has been used for almost a hundred years to treat certain pathologies, including epilepsy. This diet aims to significantly reduce the consumption of carbohydrates in favor of lipids to cause a state of ketosis. Beyond the important weight loss, it would have many health benefits.
Characteristics of the ketogenic diet:
- Very high lipid consumption (75% of intakes)
- Protein intake unchanged
- Considerable reduction in carbohydrate intake
- Causes unpleasant symptoms in the first weeks (ketogenic influenza)
- Fast weight loss
- The state of ketosis would have many health benefits (increased energy, protection against certain pathologies, etc.)
How does the ketogenic diet work?
The ketogenic diet for weight loss is characterized by the consumption of:
- 50g of maximum carbohydrates per day. This represents about 5% of the total calories consumed during the day. A normal diet usually provides between 45 and 65% of our calories as carbohydrates.
- 75% of lipids
- 20% protein
This diet completely reverses our traditional food pyramid and its main principles.
Of course, there are other painless ways to achieve this goal without dieting. All you need to do is maintain a healthy lifestyle comprising of nutrition, fitness, proper sleep and hydration. The best part is that these strategies not only enable you to lose ten pounds in a week’s time, but also help you to maintain a healthy weight in the long run.
21 Critical Ketogenic Diet Tips For Best Results:
So Looking to perfect your keto journey, you are in the right page, these critical tips are just for you, Listed below are the best effective ways you should follow strictly in your everyday regime for a healthy quick weight loss with keto.