To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- 9 ounces of white or vanilla cake mix 1/2 of an 18 ounce package
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 ounces plain non fat yogurt 1/2 of a 6 ounce container
- 1/4 cup strawberry all-fruit preserves melted
- 1-1/2 cups whipped cream 3/4 cup heavy cream whipped with 1 tablespoon confectioner’s sugar to make 1-1/2 cups or natural whipped topping such as Truwhip
- 1 pint strawberries washed, hulled and sliced
Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat an 8-inch round baking pan with cooking spray, then dust it with flour.
In a large bowl beat 9 ounces of cake mix (about 1/2 a package), the egg white, water, oil, vanilla and 3 yogurt with an electric mixer until well blended, 2 to 3 minutes.
Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and bake until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25 to 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully remove the cake from the pan and place it on the rack to cool completely.
Split the cooled cake horizontally into 2 layers. (I use a thin serrated bread knife.) Place the bottom layer cut side up on a cake plate. Spread 1/2 the preserves over the bottom layer. Cover with half the whipped cream or whipped topping and half the strawberries.
Top with the remaining layer, cut side down. Coat with the remaining preserves and whipped topping. Arrange the remaining strawberries over the top.
Nutritional Estimates (1/10th): 193 calories, 6.2 g fat, 31.4 g carbs, 0.7 g fiber, 2.5 g protein and 5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus
Please make sure to Like and share this Recipe with your friends on Facebook
PLEASE IF YOU NEED TO PRINT THIS RECIPE, USE THE PRINT BUTTON BELOW … >